Menu - About Small Menu - Poetry Menu - Prose Menu - Contact Small Menu - Bloglovin' Small Menu - Subscribe Small

20130228

"Das Leichteste der Welt"

The end of a 2-year, self-inflicted music blockade started with this (on repeat all day e'rrday) :



"Das leichteste der Welt" translates to "The Lightest in the World" (says Google, not me).

Never mind that I could barely make out what the lyrics meant with my meager exposure to German. And all the better. Words hold meanings and thoughts and emotions -- too much sometimes. I have enough words jumbling about in my mind as it is. Call me pretentious or daft, but this is why I spent half my college years listening solely to opera. Without words, there are only chord progressions and the swelling in your chest.

Music recommendations welcome! I need to reacclimate myself to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment