Menu - About Small Menu - Poetry Menu - Prose Menu - Contact Small Menu - Bloglovin' Small Menu - Subscribe Small

20130310

-- Red Keds

This is Part III of a series. See Parts I, II, IV, V, & VI. No, really. Those links are meant for clicking. Otherwise, this poem will just be a face-palming mess of rhymes. 

You’d think I’m made for skipping
But really that’s not so
You’d think I’d want to dance and sing
But to that I’d tell you no.

I really hate it when I talk in rhyme
It makes me want to cringe
To melt into embarrassment
And perhaps go on a binge.

I hate it when I make you look
Prepubescent at best
I’d rather you didn’t swing your legs
And put my anger to the test.

I hate your friends who point at me
And tell you that I’m cute
They’d see I’d rather give you blisters
If they were really that astute.

I hate that your toes cramp into me
Stretching and writhing about
Stop complaining that I’m too small on you
When it’s really that you’re too stout.

How dare you complain about my stench
When clearly you’re to blame
Who cares if I don’t ventilate
When your other shoes do the same

You left me on the bathroom floor
For months and months on end
Where my life consisted naked bums
And the taste-less singing of your friend

Stop implying that I’m juvenile
When it’s obvious I’m not
I’m worldly enough to write this poem
And I can rhyme...bergamot.
                                                                             -- Red Keds

No comments:

Post a Comment